Seniors walk down memory lane

Bridget Baumfalk, Reporter

As the school year comes to a close, our high school seniors are reminiscing on their most fond memories of school. Although school can be stressful or a nuisance, the memories we make and the friendships we form are timeless. It is important to treasure the experiences we have had and reflect on how they have impacted us to be who we are today. Below are several responses from our 2021 seniors’ on what memories have stuck out to them the most.

Tyler Born
What is your favorite High School memory?
First soccer game of the year against Western this year.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Making new friends in 8th grade that are still my best friends now. 

Why do you think these memories are so memorable to you? Do you think that when you’re older they will still be just as important?
I got to experience soccer with my friends and have that memory. I made new friends and they are still my best friends to this day.

Breann Gallaher
Football tailgate party before the game.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Sports in middle school.

Unsure over time as I make more memories so no.

Natasha Hatt
Prom, passing classes, events, all.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Riding around in a trailer hooked to a tractor. 

Yes, because I can experience the same thing with my kids, nephews or nieces.

Kaitlynn Johnson
My favorite high school memory was not actually on campus, but across the ocean. I had the opportunity to go to England for two week on an exchange trip through the IB MYP program at KHS. The two weeks in England were two of the best weeks of my life and were full of amazing new memories. I became closer with friends and branched out in my social skills and came back a different person. I am very fortunate to have been able to go on the trip and I am so thankful for the opportunity. 

What is your favorite childhood memory?
I’m not sure what my absolute favorite childhood memory is, but some of my fondest memories are family trips that my parents took my sister and me on. We’ve taken amazing trips over the years to beaches, new cities, and amazing sites all over the country. My parents always made sure we would be able to go on amazing trips to make memories together that would last a lifetime. 

These memories are incredibly important to me because they changed my life for the better. I always come back from vacations feeling so genuinely happy and thankful to be alive. Without these trips from my childhood up until now I would not be the person that I am today. For that, I am extremely grateful and know that these memories will impact me for the rest of my life.

Nathan Hall
I remember Lance Long and James Herring and David Anderson-Penn standing by the door during second lunch everyday and seeing Kade, my neighbor  at school.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
My childhood memory is playing Upward kindergarten to 8th Grade and going bridges since 6th. 

They important to me because they I know them. I’m went to high school with them for 3 years. It’s very important to me because I grew up with them since middle school.

Blake Bufkin 
My favorite memory of high school was my very first day.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
My favorite childhood memory being able to do stuff that I wouldn’t be able to do now. 

These memories are so memorable to me because they show what I did in my past and future.

Brittany Mote
When I was in my first drama club show.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
When I was with my family at the zoo. 

These memories are memorable to me because they stick out the most and they will be just as important when I get older because they are special. 

Branson Guge
Going to state freshman year with the football team.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Playing sports with my friends. 

They are important  because they all remember and yes something we will never forget. 

Adam Behny
Hanging with my friends on the bus rides to and from swim meets.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Camping with my friends and family during Halloween.

Yes, I believe these memories are both meaningful and memorable to me. If they were not I wouldn’t have remembered them. I believe years later they will still be of major significance to me.

Evvie Mitchem
When Drake Bell came to our school.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
One time my family pranked my mom into thinking the house was on fire and all of her kids died. Saying it now it sounds really mean, but at the time it was funny.

These memories are not even that important to me because they were really hard to think of. Life is filled with great memories, making it almost impossible to narrow it down to one or two. So, no I don’t think Drake Bell coming to the school will be important to me in my future but, the fire prank will because it was my biggest success!

Aniya Johnson
Going to pep rallies. 

What is your favorite childhood memory?
My mom tricked me and my brother and took us to Universal Studios. 

Yes, because it’s a part of my life now. The pep rallies would get me excited to go to the games. Universal Studios got me excited about roller coasters.

Courtney Marden
Prom. 

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Playing with my sisters. 

Yes because they’re very important to me and I will always to be close with them.

Emily Henderson
Spending time with Zoe, Katherine, and Hannah after school in the parking lot.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Going on field trips to Chicago and the Indianapolis Children’s Museum and Zoo. 

I think it’s just crazy how fast time has flown by and I will remember these memories forever. 

Malori Nichols

Being in student section freshman year of the state football game.

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Playing in the pool all summer long.

They’re so memorable for me because I remember all of these so vividly. I hope and truly believe that I am able to remember how enjoyable each of these moments were to me as I grow older.