Welcome back Kats!

Molly Henderson, Editor-in-Chief

As the 2021-2022 school year kicks off, here are some important reminders for each class here at KHS. 

Senior Class of 2022

Congratulations! You made it to senior year! This is your final chance to make your mark here at Kokomo High School. Join a club, get an All-Sports ticket, dress up for spirit weeks, go to prom. Do everything you can to enjoy this year, but don’t slack off! Head over to the Community Foundation website and apply for scholarships like the Lilly Endowment, start filling out college applications, study hard, and take care of your mental health. If you have any questions, talk to your counselor. 

Junior Class of 2023

Welcome to junior year, Class of 2023. You are now entering the final half of your high school experience. Now more than ever, it’s important to focus on college and career readiness. Work hard in and outside of your classes, but don’t forget to balance in fun with your friends. If you have questions or need advice, talk to your counselor or a senior. 

Sophomore Class of 2024

Welcome back, Class of 2024. Last year was not normal, so we’re excited for you to fully experience a fun-filled year at KHS. For some of you, this will be your first year taking AP courses. Remember to stay on top of homework and study throughout the year to prepare for the AP exams. For others, AP might not be your style. KHS also offers Diploma Program classes, which you can enter next year. To get more information about DP classes, talk to your counselor, DP teachers, and current or former DP students. 

Freshman Class of 2025

Welcome to Kokomo High School! It’s going to seem a little scary at first, but give it time. There are people all around you who have experienced exactly what you’re going through right now: being dumped into an unfamiliar setting, not quite knowing what to do or how to act. High school is incredibly intimidating, especially on your very first day. However, there’s no need to freak out. New friendships are waiting to be made. You’ll find your niche and it’ll only go uphill from there. If you have any questions, email your counselor or talk to an upperclassman. 

And Wildkats, let’s make this year a great one!