KHS gears up for Homecoming

Jasmine Hale, Reporter

It’s time to get in the spirit and show off your KHS pride during Homecoming week. Next week as the football team prepares to “Bury the Berries,” Student Council has planned a week of dress-up days and events to support the Kats.

To start the week, the dress-up day theme is Malibu Monday. Tuesday is Decade Wars. Freshmen should wear early 2000s fashion, while sophomores are encouraged to dress in their best 90s outfits. Juniors will represent the 80s and seniors will represent the 70s. Faculty members are encouraged to participate as well by representing the 60s. Wednesday’s theme is Country vs. Country Club and Thursday is Tie-Dye day. As usual, Friday will be a spirit day, so everyone is encouraged to wear red and blue. The Red & Blue staff is encouraging students who are dress up to stop by room 126 to have their pictures taken for the newspaper and yearbook. Photos can also be tweeted to the publications Twitter page @khspublications.

This year, the Homecoming volleyball tournament is making its return to the schedule. The tournament is limited to eight teams of six players and the entry fee is $10. Check out the flyers around the school for more information and the QR code to sign up. The tournament will take place in the KHS gym next Wednesday, Sept. 29.

Throughout the week, check out the hallway decorations and spirit sheets in the foyer, get ready to show off your best dress-up day outfits and come support the football team as they take on the Logansport Berries at this year’s Homecoming football game.