Red & Blue

The Student News Site of Kokomo High School

Red & Blue

Red & Blue

Polls

What's your favorite subject?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Drama club show gets mysterious

Clue takes center stage next week.

The KHS Drama Club is working hard to transform the auditorium into the spooky Boddy Mansion ahead of their upcoming production of Clue. The show brings together a mysterious cast of characters to solve the crime. The stage play is adapted from the 1980s film and the classic board game. 

Clue is full of mysteries and questions leaving you asking for more. The play itself is just incredible and very funny,” said senior Ava Caudill. Caudill plays the mysterious Mrs. White.

Members of the Drama Club are bringing these iconic roles to life. Senior Sam VerLee is playing Mr. Green. The character is known to be clumsy and always just a bit on edge. Classmate Talon Hawkins plays the uptight yet kooky British butler who is the leader of many crazy plans throughout the show.

Drama Club director Randi Weeks always finds the casting process to be the most challenging part of producing a show. 

“It is the most difficult part of the process – more difficult than building sets, creating special effects, syncing up technical effects, motivating a cast to learn lines.  A teacher’s job is to encourage young people to believe in what they can achieve,” she said. “Auditions are almost in direct contradiction to the heart of a teacher because on the day a cast list is posted, a teacher/director is telling someone they cannot accomplish something at this moment in time, which is the opposite of what teachers/directors do on most other days. Casting is the most heart-wrenching part of the production process and creates many sleepless nights for me personally.”

But throughout the rehearsal process comes even more challenges for the show’s cast and crew. 

“One major challenge for the cast has been the set design, and the details of putting each room on stage and figuring out what doors lead where,” VerLee said. 

For junior Noelle Duncan, the challenge has come with managing her time. Duncan is currently performing in two shows: Clue at KHS and The SpongeBob Musical at Curtain Call. 

“Right now probably having two shows at once going on is the hardest part. Not only that, two shows that are completely different,” she said. 

Clue takes the stage Oct. 5 and 6 at 7pm in the KHS auditorium. Tickets can be purchased at the door. Junior Malika Malone hopes to have a full house for the show. 

Clue is a remarkable production with excitement everywhere you look. There’s never a dull moment in this play,” she said. “With its quirky characters, and new twists and turns around every corner, you’ll undoubtedly end up trying to solve the mystery for yourself. When facades begin to falter, and secrets are exposed, the jaw-dropping reveal will leave you wanting more.”