Red & Blue

The Student News Site of Kokomo High School

Red & Blue

Red & Blue

Polls

What's your favorite subject?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Environmental Club scares up Halloween fun

As the bitter fall weather has been settling into Indiana, it also brings “spooky season.” With Halloween right around the corner, many spooky holiday events have been planned for the season. One of these events is the Environmental Club Halloween Trail. This fun festive club event is set to take place on Friday, Oct. 27 and Saturday, Oct. 28 from 7pm-11pm  and Tuesday, Oct. 31 from 6pm-9pm at the outdoor lab here at KHS. Every year brings a new twist to the fun and the scary.

Branden Woods, Environmental Club’s secretary, had many positives to say about the event. 

“The Halloween Trail is a fun way to experience the true scare of Halloween,” he said. 

Woods described the event to be a dimly lit trail in the woods that participants follow, while club members will be lurking in the darkness waiting for the perfect opportunity to scare. The trial will be decorated with unique Halloween decorations. 

“The best part about the entire event is decorating with the other club members before the event.” Woods said.

The Halloween Trail is a fundraiser to raise money for the well being built in India. 

“Adding this project to the Environmental Club, it has required us to raise even more money than previous years,” Woods said. “The more people that will show up, the more money raised for the club and the project.” 

This year, the club has focused their efforts on giving a good scare to the school and raising money for a worthy cause. Tickets are $10 for this event.