KHS students should be free at home sporting events

This fall, we’ve seen students show up in support of our teams in all kinds of weather. Two weeks ago, the KHS student section stood in the pouring rain to show their support of the football team during their senior night game. They’ve celebrated with the volleyball team and the soccer teams and cheered them on even when games weren’t going our way. They’ve already got a theme planned for tonight’s sectional football game against Marion (it’s a costume party, by the way).

Because of the KHS students’ relentless support of our teams, it is our opinion that Kokomo High School students should get in to sporting events for free. Not only does it promote school spirit, it encourages attendance at events. Even with the discounted price of all-sports passes at the beginning of the school year, tickets are still expensive and some students can afford to purchase them. 

We understand that allowing students to come to the sporting events for free will cut down on revenue. To make up the money, a student leadership committee could organize events or sell KHS merchandise at the games. We could even sell items that go with the student section themes at each game, helping students show their KHS spirit. 

View Comments (1)
Donate to Red & Blue
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Kokomo High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.