Seniors prepare for graduation, final fling

It’s almost time for the class of 2024 to celebrate the final step in their high school career. Commencement will be held at Memorial Gym on Friday, May 31 at 7:30pm. Seniors will report to Central Middle International School no later than 6:30pm. The doors to the gym will open for attendees at 6:30pm also. 

“There is no reserved seating for general admissions,” said Connie Clark. “There will be handicap seating available for those who are in need. There will also be a reserved area for Kokomo Schools staff, Honor Graduates families and International Exchange Students families who will be attending.”

Following the ceremony, graduates can celebrate with their families outside Memorial Gym on Apperson Way and on the lawn of CMIS. Graduates will turn in their gowns in the Central gym to receive their diplomas.

Senior parents are busy planning Final Fling, a party for the graduates after commencement.

“Final Fling will be May 31 from 10pm-2am at KHS,” said the Final Fling parent committee. “There will be lots of fun with inflatables, games, volleyball, gaga ball, gel ball, pickleball and food. Plus, all seniors present at the time of the drawing get a door prize.”

Tickets for Final Fling are $5 cash and $5.25 Venmo. During the school day, seniors can see teacher Andy Carpenter to buy a ticket.