Red & Blue

The Student News Site of Kokomo High School

Red & Blue

Red & Blue

Polls

What's your favorite subject?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Rocket League sets sights on conference win

The beginning of the school year is dreaded by many students, but for some it marks the beginning of another journey. This journey is Rocket League ESports. Rocket League is a fast-paced video game that mixes the aspects of racing and soccer. The Varsity Rocket League team is a part of the ESports club that takes place in the fall season. This team is coached by Social Studies teacher Matt Myers.

This year, the team hopes to build on their successes from last season.

“The biggest goal for the season is to beat Western and bring home a conference championship to Kokomo,” he said.

Beating Western has been on senior Ari Leger’s mind too.

“Rocket League has been a very fun experience for me, especially when we almost beat Western last year who was miles ahead of us in skill,” he said.

Every year, the club gets a chance to compete for a conference championship between the surrounding schools, which then gives them the opportunity to compete at the state level.

“Although the game can get very competitive, we always have to remember that it’s just a game and everyone there is there for a good time,” Leger explained.

As the season is just around the corner, Myers had many great things to say about his program and his players. With several talented players graduating last year, the team is looking to fill spots.

“We have two strong returning players this year that will lead our team, and we are also looking for new members interested in joining the team,” he said.

Although the Rocket League callout has already happened, interested students should contact Myers for more information.