Tis the season of giving

Krislyn Horton, Reporter

With Christmas time quickly approaching, it’s the time of giving. Different groups around KHS and the KACC are collecting goods to help out the people in our community. 

The KACC Criminal Justice classes are collecting socks to donate to homeless shelters. They are collecting new or gently used men’s, women’s and children’s socks. Socks can be taken to room 710 in the career center.

“Most of us give clothes we no longer wear to someone, donate them, or sell them in a yard sale, but old socks we throw away,” said teacher Kellie Cloutier.

The KHS Diversity Club is creating Christmas cards to send to the troops.

“We’re specifically sending them to the troop of one of my former students stationed in one of the Koreas,” said club sponsor Catherine Gray.

The Choir Department is doing a Drive for a needy elementary student in the Kokomo Schools Family.

“We have a kindergarten student that could greatly benefit from this. He and his family recently lost their home and most belongings in a house fire,” said choir teacher Cherresa Lawson. “We hope to get donations at our concert Thursday. We will also be accepting donations in the Choir Room (301) through Dec. 20. We would like to wrap and deliver items to Bon Air the last day of school,”

The choir is hoping to collect toys (Nerf toys, Roblox, Legos, magnetic building sets and Minecraft toys) and needs for the family. They are in need of twin sized bedding, size six pants, size seven shirts and size 13 shoes.